Effective Date: September 1, 2021
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the nature of your interactions with 4G Clinical, you may provide us with certain types of personal information, including:
- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. 4G Clinical collects any information that you provide us when you use the Service. While you can visit most pages on our website without giving us any information about yourself (i.e., name, email address, phone number, fax number, and contact information), there are instances where you can choose to provide us with your Personal Information. If you are a visitor to the website, we may collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments, such as customer service, or sign up to receive more information from us, such as when you request access to one of our white papers. This information typically includes your name, email address, company, mailing address, and phone number. You may also choose to provide your email address to us if you would like to receive additional information about the Service and the products and services that the Company offers or a username and password if you choose to set up a 4G Clinical Help Center Account. You may also provide us with certain employment information in connection with an application for employment with 4G Clinical in the “Careers” section of 4G Clinical’s website.
- Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service. For example, if you access the Service through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information.
- Cookies. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. A “cookie” is a small text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your log-ins to the 4G Clinical Help Center; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
- Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services.The Service may include links to third party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, stories, reviews or other information. Your use of these third party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these third party websites and social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third party websites and social media services.
- Information You Post on the Service.If you post information on public areas of the Service that information may be collected and used by the Company, other users of the Service, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Service that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
How 4G Clinical Uses the Information We Collect.
4G Clinical does not sell Personal Information it collects from consumers. Rather, we use the information we collect and receive from you to provide you with requested services, to communicate with you, and to fulfill your specific requests. For example, if you send us an email requesting information about 4G Clinical, we will use your email address and other information you send us to respond to your request. If you sign up to receive emails from us, we may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us, which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further email marketing communications from us. We use the information we gather through the Service to help us better understand how the Service and our products and services are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Service and our products and services to improve your experience.
4G Clinical and third party businesses may use the information collected through the Service using cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to help manage online advertising programs. This information may enable us, as well as third-party advertising services and other third-party businesses, to track the actions of users online over time and across different web sites or platforms to measure statistics relating to marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes, and what happens when you elect a do-not-track option, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some third party businesses may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, the Company will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
Your Personal Information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
How 4G Clinical Shares Your Personal Information.
Personal Information collected on the website may be shared with:
- Employees internally within 4G Clinical, including with members of the Human Resources department and IT staff if access to the information is necessary for the performance of their duties at 4G Clinical.
- Service providers and other third parties under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, software development, email delivery, marketing communications, bill collection, payroll, payment processing and site analytics and operations). These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- To the extent permitted by law, government authorities or law enforcement agencies if: (i) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (ii) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (iii) we believe that you have abused the Service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- We may share information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- We may share some or all of your information with our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies under common control with us.
How 4G Clinical Protects Your Personal Information.
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable industry standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information. Personal Information may be stored in a variety of different storage locations, including in 4G Clinical’s servers and IT systems (including 4G Clinical’s email system).
Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Service and you do so at your own risk.
If your information is transferred to a third party, 4G has will maintain responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Where 4G Clinical engages third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, your Information is provided to the third parties pursuant to written contracts, which obligate them to implement appropriate technical measures to maintain the security of the information in an effort to ensure that your Personal Information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. 4G shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Retention of Your Personal Information.
Will 4G Clinical Transfer My Personal Information Across Borders?
4G Clinical understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. It is our policy never to knowingly collect, maintain, or distribute information about from or about children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications regarding marketing-related emails for services described on 4G Clinical’s website by sending a request to email@example.com or by opting-out within the notices.
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication.
Your Rights. You have a number of rights with respect to your Personal Information collected by 4G Clinical. Specifically, you have the right to:
Right to Know:
You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You have the right to request in writing from us a copy of the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that information, why we collected that information about you, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. To request a copy of such disclosure in a readily useable format, please contact 4G Clinical via the email or mailing address provided below.
Right to Rectification:
You have the right to require 4G Clinical to update incorrect or incomplete Personal Information. To request rectification of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information, please contact 4G Clinical via the email or mailing address provided below.
Right to Deletion:
You have the right to require 4G Clinical to delete or stop processing your Personal Information, for example where the information is no longer necessary for business purposes.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information:
You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. As noted above, 4G Clinical does not sell Personal Information to third parties.
Right to Object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information where 4G Clinical is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
Right to Non-Discrimination:
4G Clinical will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any questions relating to the information collected by 4G Clinical or to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Rob Campanella c/o 4G Clinical
370 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02481
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see the California Privacy Notice.
Data Privacy Shield
4G Clinical is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). There is the possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration. 4G Clinical’s liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, 4G Clinical commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact 4G Clinical at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4G Clinical has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the EU DPAs dispute resolution panel, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit United States Council for International Business at http://www.uscib.org/privacy-shield/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPA Panel are provided at no cost to you.
What If You Do Not Provide Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide is being used for legitimate business interests. If you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your requests.
Changes to this Policy.
Links to Other Websites.
Questions and Comments.